Seeking Compensation for Minor Injuries in a Car Accident in Grand Junction

Some car accidents lead to minor injuries that the victim may handle on their own. However, regardless of how small an injury looks, it could be worse than the victim thinks, especially if it aggravated an existing medical condition. If you have been in an accident, make sure to contact a reliable Car Accident Lawyer Grand Junction to discuss your situation and learn about your legal options. Your car insurance policy may cover your damages. 

Kinds of Minor Injuries in Car Accidents

A car accident can lead to different kinds of injuries. Some may be more severe than others, depending on the collision. But, even minor injuries should be checked by a health care professional to avoid further complications. These minor injuries include the following:

  • Whiplash. If you have this injury, you may experience neck and shoulder pain or even headaches. You may not feel the pain from this injury until a day or two after the accident. While this injury may be minor, you need to seek treatment from a physical therapist to relieve your neck pain, stiffness, and soreness.
  • Herniated disc. This injury can result in serious complications when ignored. Depending on where the herniation takes place, it could get you paralyzed when you experience another forceful impact.
  • Mild concussion. A concussion can develop when you experience a whiplash. This injury can display symptoms such as headaches, loss of consciousness, disorientation, vision disturbances, slurred speech, and clumsiness. 
  • Sprains. This occurs when a muscle, ligament, or tendon is stretched or torn. Depending on how serious the torn or stretch is, you may feel significant pain that may require long-term treatment.

Should You File a Claim for a Minor Injury?

Even if you only sustain a minor injury, you must seek immediate medical attention. Proper diagnosis will make sure you get the right follow-up care and treatment for your injury. But, even minor injuries can require treatments you may not be able to afford. That is why you may want to seek compensation for your injuries. As an accident victim in the state of Colorado, you can seek compensation by filing a claim with your own insurance company.  Your ability to file a lawsuit for an accident that caused minor injuries will depend on the kind of insurance policy you chose. You can do so if you hold a standard insurance policy with an unlimited right to sue. Your attorney can help you navigate your claim options.